Ahh Coconut Oil…I love it in, and around my mouth.
That’s the beauty behind using it as a body product, it’s good for you inside and out…and financially. The tub I buy lasts more than 2 months and I use tf out of it.
Besides the health and wallet benefits, how many lotions, face creams, deodorants, BB creams can you safely EAT? I can’t name any right now, it’s not that important.
Let’s talk about these BENEFITS!
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
1) Skincare: Psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, prevents sagging, wrinkles, absorbs into skin.
2) Hair care: helps provide protein to strengthen, holds in moisture
3) Heart Disease: 50% lauric acid helps prevent high blood pressure and cholesterol
4) Weight loss: Especially in women, coconut oil helps to reduce belly fat, causes body to burn and metabolize fat faster and more efficiently
5) Digestion: Saturated fats have antimicrobial properties to balance the gut and aid in absorption of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
6) Healing and Infections : speeds up the healing process of tissues and provides protective chemical layer on wounds when applied topically.
7) Boosts Energy: Medium chain Triglycerides are ready for immediate energy use in 3 steps vs bad fats that take 26 steps to breakdown for energy use.
8) Carrier Oil: Coconut oil helps essential oils seep into tissues for effectiveness, so like I said, GREAT BODY OIL
9) There are more benefits to list, but there are also other things to do…
That’s why coconut oil has the heart of everyone and their mother, because of a long history of health benefits and natural cures!
As a holistic health advocate and Tantrica, I like to know who, and what is going in my body, so that list of unpronounceable chemicals on the back of my lotion bottle offended my intelligence. But unlike those times as a kid, where I would mix lotion with random kitchen ingredients to make a magic potion, this coconut oil recipe is sensible, effective, and delicious.
The reason I use it:
- Smells, feels, and taste good
- Skin be poppin’
- Wolverine Skin: I heal scars fast
- Use with essential oils for added benefit
- I used it on my pits and have since abandoned deodorant with no odor
- It’s cheaper than lotion that doesn’t work as well
- Great for body slip and slides (don’t forget I’m a tantrica)
- Perfect lube! Doesn’t get tacky and lasts til you blast! (yep, I’m a tantrica)
I’ve been using this body oil for a year, right after the shower to seal in moisture, and reapply as needed. Put it everywhere, yoni, crack, under boob, balls, taint, armpits, feet…let all of you be nurtured.
Below is my BELOVED
Coconut Body Oil Recipe
1 C Organic Coconut Oil
1/3 C Grape seed Oil
15-20 drops Essential Oils
1) Melt the coconut oil on the stove or SIT IT IN THE SUN til soft af
2) Put both oils in your spinning thing, add your essential oils and BLEND
3) Adjust the scent by adding more according to your tastes.
4) Refrigerate til firm (1-2 hours)
My favorite Flavors…
- Frankincense, myrrh, cococut, ginger
- Frankincense, myrrh, grapefruit, apple
- Chocolate, Rose
- Frankincense, myrrh geranium, lilac
I hope you love it, your skin will!
-Lead with Love
Courtney Garner, Authentic Tantra Instructor and Healing Practitioner